The Ecology Building Society Charitable Foundation aims to support projects that enhance the built environment for community benefit.
If you think your organisation or project could benefit from a grant of up to £2,000, you will find all the information you need to apply here.
If you want to apply for a Foundation grant, you will need to show that your organisation or project meets our core objectives:
- To promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public, by the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of natural resources
- To promote regeneration and sustainable development with a focus on environment conscious building practices.
You can apply to the Foundation at any point in the year, but please note that we only make grant decisions once a year, usually in October. The deadline for 2013 applications is Friday 13 September 2013.
Previous grant recipients have included:
- Green and Away, an educational charity in Worcestershire.
- Hollybush Conservation Centre, an environmental volunteering centre in Leeds.
- Organiclea, a workers' co-operative on the edge of London.
- Balsall Heath is our Planet, a community energy-saving initiative in Birmingham.
- St Werburghs City Farm in Bristol.
- Compton's Yard Charitable Trust, a charity in Mid Wales providing grants, exhibition space and rental space to support the community's needs and interests.
For more information, please download our summary of grants made to date.