Members' Meet-up - Summer 2017
UPDATE 4 JULY 2017: OUR MEMBERS’ MEET-UP ON 11 JULY IS NOW ‘SOLD OUT’ AS WE HAVE REACHED THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR OUR VENUE.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST PLEASE REGISTER VIA EVENTBRITE AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF A SPACE BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Join us to have your say at our Summer 2017 regional Members' Meet-up on Tuesday 11 July 2017 at Brigade Bar and Bistro in central London.
The day will provide an opportunity to meet some of the Ecology team, share your views on our work and have a direct input into Ecology's policies and practice. We're owned by our members and and put their interests first, so we want to hear what you think.
Register to attend online here. Non-members are also welcome to attend, subject to space.
Follow the progress of the day on Twitter using the hashtag #EcologyMembers.
We’re owned by our members and put their interests first – so we want to hear what you think.
Our Summer 2017 regional Members’ Meet-up is your opportunity to:
- Meet the Ecology team and share your views on our work
- Have a direct input into Ecology’s policies and practices
- Meet other Ecology savers and borrowers in a friendly environment
- Hear from an exciting line-up of speakers on topical housing and ethical finance issues
Our Summer 2017 regional Members’ Meet-up takes place at Brigade in Bristol.
Brigade Bar and Bistro
Brigade is a social enterprise restaurant housed in The Fire Station on Tooley Street in Central London. As well as being a British inspired Bistro serving delicious, seasonal and sustainably sourced dishes Brigade is a training kitchen which provides apprenticeships that help the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment. Brigade is part of Beyond Food Community Interest Company (CIC), a unique collaboration between PwC, De Vere Venues, Beyond Food and Big Issue Invest.
How to get to Brigade
- The nearest car park is the NCP at the junction of Snowsfields and Kipling Street (approximately 600 metres from the venue).
- The nearest rail and tube station is London Bridge (Northern and Jubilee Lines). Exit London Bridge Station via the Tooley Street exit, turn right and continue down Tooley Street for approximately 700 metres. Brigade is on your left hand side next door to the Unicorn Theatre.
By River Boat
- It’s easy to reach Brigade by river boat with the nearest stop at London Bridge City Pier. For information and timetables for river journeys please visit thamesclippers.com
|16.15||Registration and refreshments
Meet your fellow members
Steve Round, Chair, Ecology Building Society
|16.40||Introduction to Brigade Bar and Bistro|
|16.45||Update on Ecology's progress
Chris Newman, Director, Ecology Building Society
Paul Ellis, Chief Executive, Ecology Building Society
|17.00||Sustainable lending in practice - how can Ecology support community-led housing?
Hear about plans to scale up the community-led housing sector and move it into the mainstream and how Ecology has pioneered mortgages for permanently affordable homes in London.
Catherine Harrington, Executive Director, National Community Land Trust Network
Humayra Hassan, Ecology borrower and London CLT homebuyer
|18.30||Meet the Directors
What are Ecology's plans for the next ten years? How can Ecology grow in a sustainable, mission-driven way? Chance to meet and grill Directors
Registration is open to all members and non-members who are interested in finding out more about Ecology Building Society.
Please register by 5.00 pm on Thursday 6 July 2017 (for catering purposes). We will contact you to confirm your place – if you have not heard from us by Thursday 6 July 2017, please contact us on 01535 650 770.
Ecology Building Society was rated as an ethical Best Buy for our mortgages and savings accounts by Ethical Consumer magazine in its product guide rankings (July/August 2016 issue).