Our current range of savings accounts:
Please note due to high levels of demand we are not accepting applications for our savings accounts, as a temporary measure. All existing accounts continue to operate as normal.
|Account Name||Easy Access||Regular Savings||Treasurers' Deposit||Accounts for existing members only
(see footnotes 2, 3, and 4)
|90-Day Notice||Foundations Cash ISA||SIPP Deposit|
|Available to||Individuals and Trustees (1)||Individuals and Trustees (1)||Small groups and charities
||Existing members only - restrictions apply (2)||Individuals aged 16 years or over Existing members only – restrictions apply (3)||Scheme Administrators for individuals Existing members only – restrictions apply (4)|
|Suitable for children||Yes (5)||Yes (5)||No||Yes (5)||No||No|
|Application form||Easy Access||Regular Savings||Treasurers' Deposit||90-Day Notice||Foundations Cash ISA||Trustee Deposit|
|Voting rights||Yes (6)||Yes (6)||No||Yes (6)||Yes (6)||No|
|Minimum opening investment||£25||£25||£25||£500||£25||£5,000|
|Minimum operating balance||£25||£25||£25||£500||£25||£250|
|Maximum investment||£75,000||£3,000 per calendar year||£75,000||£75,000||£15,240 for tax year 2016/2017 (7)||£125,000|
|Interest payment date||31 Dec||31 Dec||31 Dec||31 Dec||05 Apr||31 Dec|
|Withdrawals||No notice||No notice – restrictions apply (8)||No notice||90 days’ notice||No notice||No notice|
1. Where the trust account is subject to a formal trust document, accounts will only be accepted where a trustee or beneficiary has been a member of the Society for the previous twelve months.
2. The 90-Day Notice account is only available to individuals who were members of the Society on 24 March 2016 and have not ceased being a member since this date.
3. The Foundations Cash ISA is only available to individuals who were members of the Society on 25 September 2015 and have not ceased being a member since this date.
4. The SIPP Deposit account is only available to Scheme Administrators for beneficiaries who were members of the Society on 1 October 2014 and have not ceased being a member since this date.
5. These accounts can be opened in the child’s name if the child is old enough to understand how to operate an account, or by parents or relatives as trustees for a child. For further information please refer to our Savings account identification requirements leaflet.
6. Voting rights are available to those individuals aged 18 or over whose account balance was not less than £100 between the Society’s previous financial year end (or other date as specified in the Rules) and the date of voting.
7. Special rules apply to the maximum investments of ISA accounts, further information is available from www.ecology.co.uk/savings/foundations-cash-isa/
8. Two withdrawals are allowed in a calendar year. If you make three withdrawals in a calendar year we will close your account and transfer the whole balance, including accrued interest, to an Easy Access account.