Work for Ecology
The Ecology team is ambitious, dynamic and driven by our vision to build a greener future. If you share our values and want to make a contribution to our work, please check for current vacancies below.
As an equal opportunities employer, we're committed to ensuring that our workplace and employment practices are free from discrimination, harassment or victimisation on any grounds, and all of our staff are responsible for implementing these policies.
Our recruitment practices and procedures seek to ensure equality of opportunity, and all appointments are made on merit.
Please see below job opportunities available at Ecology Building Society.
- Based in Silsden, West Yorkshire
- £18,000 plus benefits – negotiable based upon skills and experience
This is a superb opportunity to develop a career in financial services, working with the savings customer service team of a leading ethical financial institution
Ecology Building Society is a successful member-owned financial institution with a clear environmental focus and a mission to promote sustainable development. We are committed to building a greener future through the provision of a range of simple, ethical savings products to support mortgages for properties and projects which respect the environment. With more than 35 years’ experience, around £170m in savings balances and over 10,000 members, we’ve got ambitious plans for our future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a broad range of customer services to new and existing customers. The primary responsibilities will include:
- The day to day receipt and processing of all new and existing customer savings account enquiries, account openings / closures and administration activities
- Maintain and develop strong customer service relationships with savings members
- Identification of improvements and changes to current savings systems and processes
The day to day banking/reconciliation of transactions through our online banking systems
- Ensuring all activities follow agreed society policies and procedures.
- An understanding of all appropriate savings Regulations and Legislation which directly impact savings administration activities, e.g. Money Laundering Regulations
- Undertake appropriate training to develop personal knowledge and skills on the main savings activities
- Ensure all savings activities are performed within the agreed customer service standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the financial services sector (although this is not essential), preferably in a customer service team. We are looking for an organised and motivated individual with a passion and drive for delivering excellent customer service.
You should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Good communication skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Experience of working in financial services within the last 5 years would be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Commitment to equality and fair treatment
- Interest in the environment and ethical finance.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 19 January 2018.